Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Name That State Song


1. )  Dreams come true in blue _______, and mine could all come true this magic night of nights with you…


2.)  There's too much love in the               heart too much love in this               heart…


3.)  I'm in a world so wide, it makes me feel small sometimes. I miss the big blue sky, The                kind…


4.)  And the               rocky mountain high, I’ve seen it raining fire in the sky…


5.)                   , where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain and the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet


6.)                , take off your rainbow shades,                , have another look at the world…


7.)  With the rain in my shoes, / Searchin’ for you / In the cold                 rain, ...


8.)  Country Roads, take me home to the place I belong,                   , mountain momma


9.)   I got to Kansas City on a Frid'y / By Sattidy I larned a thing or two


10.) Lost my heart in the Black Hills, the Black Hills of Dakota, where the pines are so high ...


11.) Meet me in Montana, I want to see the mountains in your eyes…


12.) Seems it never rain in Southern California / Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before…


13.) The windy city is mighty purdy… Im tellin you boys…We got more life in Deadwood city than the whole of Ilanoy


14.) New York, New York, it's a wonderful town, the Bronx is up and the Battery's down…


15.) Where the river is windin’, big nuggets they’re findin’ North to Alaska


16.) That’s the night that the lights went out in Georgia


17.) I wish they all could be California girls…



18.) My home's in Alabama, Southern born and Southern bred…


19.) Back where I come from, I'm an old Tennessean…


20.) Just an old sweet song, keeps Georgia on my mind…


21.) I’ve got some oceanfront property in Arizona, from my front porch you can see the sea…


22.) Kansas City lights, in my mind they shine so bright…


23.) I'm caught up in missing Missouri ‘cause I wanna be with my family…


24.) Cause a Mississippi girl don't change her ways / Just cause everybody knows her name…


25.) All my exes live in Texas



Fill in the blanks.  All the answers have the name of a state in them. If you can think of any other songs with States in them, don't hesitate to share.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

1. Hawaii ("Blue Hawaii" by Elvis Presley)
2. Mississippi and Louisiana ("Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man" by K-Rose)
3. Oklahoma ("I Ain't In Checotah Anymore" by Carrie Underwood)
4. Colorado ("Rocky Mountain High" by John Denver
5. Oklahoma ("Oklahoma!" in Oklahoma musical)
6. Arizona ("Arizona" by Mark Lindsay)
7. Kentucky ("Kentucky Rain" by Elvis Presley)
8. West Virginia ("Take Me Home, Country Roads" by John Denver)
9. Kansas ("Kansas City" in Oklahoma musical)
10. Dakota ("Black Hills Of Dakota" in Calamity Jane musical
11. Montana ("Meet Me in Montana" by Marie Osmond)
12. Southern California ("IT NEVER RAINS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA" by ALBERT HAMMOND
13. Illinois (though it says Ilanoy in the song... ) ("Windy City" in Calamity Jane musical
14. New York, New York ("New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra)
15. Alaska ("North To Alaska" by Dwight Yoakam)
16. Georgia ("The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" by Reba Mcentire
17. California ("California Girls" by Beach Boys)
18. Alabama ("My Home's in Alabama" by Alabama)
19. Tennessee ("Back Where I Come From" by Kenny Chesney)
20. Geogria (Georgia On My Mind" by Ray Charles)
21. Arizona ("Ocean Front Property" by George Strait)
22. Kansas ("Kansas City" by Steve Wariner)
23. Missouri ("Missing Missouri" by Sara Evans)
24. Mississippi ("Mississippi Girl" by Faith Hill)
25. Texas ("All My Ex's Live in Texas" by George Strait)

That's what I think the answers are! LOL :)

Kim

Tina Pinson said...

You are pretty good. Kim... and you even wrote the names of the singers.

Thanks for playing.

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Tina, cool post, but let me tell you, I drew a big fat blank. Sigh... Thank goodness for K!

*smiles*
Steph