Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Light Keeper's Daughter by Jean Kinsey


 Welcome, Jean Kinsey thanks for stopping by for a visit. 
 v Tell us a little about yourself? I am a 71 yr-old grandmother who teaches Sunday school in a little country church. I love to travel and try to take a cruise whenever I can.
 v Tell us about your writing journey?  Tina, I've always
          dabbled with writing, but it wasn't until late in life when I actually took the time to do
          it. I began serious writing after my husband passed in 2005.  My short stories have
          been published in thirteen Chicken Soup for the Soul books and several periodicals.  
v What do you do enjoy doing in you spare time? write
v Tell us a little about your new book. The Light keeper's Daughter is a 1915-1918 historical.
v What inspired you to write it? I've always enjoyed lighthouses, and I remember stories told to me by my grandmother about WWl and the influenza pandemic. I just put them together and came up with my first novel
v What message do you hope readers will take from it? Nothing is impossible with God
v Do you have a favorite scene? Care to share an excerpt? 
   Belle blinked. A kaleidoscope of colors floated around the room as the ladies promenaded in gorgeous evening gowns. Her breath shallow and her pulse racing, she nearly fainted as a mental picture of her feet flailing in the air and dress flying over her head, bounced through her mind.
    Belle and Lawrence made their way to the dance floor without a catastrophe, as the orchestra switched from the trot to a slow waltz. She was one of the ladies of Marley Cove, not just the light keeper's daughter. She belonged.  
v What distracts you from writing the easiest? My grandkids
v What kind of books do you enjoy reading? (Book recommendations welcome!) My favorite is Fireflies in December by Jennifer Erin Valent.
v Which character in your new release most interested you while you wrote
  Why? Belle the daughter of a light keeper, who thought she always wanted to get away from the sea but found she really loved it.
v If you were a style of music, what style would you be? Southern gospel
v Are there spiritual themes you like to write about? Forgiveness, understanding & love
v Share a verse or Scripture passage with us that is special to you. (and why) 23rd Psalm—It got me through a long night waiting for a surgery I wasn't expected to live through.
v Are there things you put off doing because you dread them? Yes, self editing
v What's your favorite time of year? Love them all
v When is your next book due out and can you tell us about it? August 2012 the first of a trilogy, Secrets of Willow Shade
v How do you handle rejections? I haven't had many thanks to Desert Breeze. But I accepted the rejection from another publisher well by immediately rewriting and submitting to DB.
v Why do you write? Because I must
v What would you be doing with your free time if you weren’t writing? Feeling lonely.
v What are you working on right now? A light suspense trilogy set in Logan County KY where I was born.
v Do you put yourself into your books/characters? Yes. But I put my dad in all of them.
v Do you have any advice for other writers? Just write and pray
v How important is faith in your books? My first book is full of faith. The next one refers to it less, but it is there.
v What themes do you like to write about? I don't want to be branded into any theme.
v What is your favorite book you’ve written and why? I like Secrets of Willow Shade because it is funny, suspenseful and full of my early life on the farm.
v What is your writing schedule like? Constant now since I'm contracted to four books in less than two years.


BLURB

A broken heart and trouble with the law washes Belle's dreams of a beautiful life with wealthy Lawrence Rinehart out into the sea. Branded a thief by Lawrence's mother, Belle seeks refuge in a lighthouse on the shore of a secluded little seaport.

Captain Fred Logan, penetrates her wall of defense and persuades Belle to come out of isolation. Together they face WWl, rescue a baby from the sea, and battle the deadly flu epidemic.  

Will Belle choose Fred or the wealthy ex-boyfriend when Lawrence's boat capsizes and she braves a vicious storm to save him? Will Divine Guidance give Belle courage to do what she must in order to truly be free?



Where can readers buy your book and where can they learn more about you? 
www.desertbreezepublishing.com www.amazon.com http://www.barnesandnoble.com/  and anywhere ebooks are sold.
My website is:  http://kystorywriter.blogspot.com  
My facebook is Jean Thompson Kinsey

1 comment:

makenwords said...

What a lovely post. Beautiful cover. Sounds like a very good read. Great to meet another new author!